Sunday, February 28, 2010

Do you Doodle

Firstly a big thank you to all of you who leave me comments. So nice to know I am not just talking to myself.
Betz White (Her blog is one I follow) is talking about doodling and designing. Her insights made me think about how I don't doodle as much as I should. When Greg and I went to Art Classes I used to doodle and draw a lot more. It was something I made time for and now I don't so much. I might draw a bit of a figure or a diagram to jog my memory while I am planning a new project but not so often. All the art books and magazines recommend drawing everyday and I always have good intentions rather like my walking machine. I intend to walk on it everyday and some days I do but really it is a good place to hang the ironing. Anyway back to the doodling and designing. I have planned out my words piece in my head and a little bit of pre-work. I am also doing a blue piece for the Embroiderers guild and I found a doodle design I was working on ages ago and I might expand on it. Drawing is not an inborn talent of mine and I do need to work at it. So I shall unearth my drawing supplies and return to doodling, a little drawing everyday is a relaxing thing I just need a little more time each day. Perhaps I shall give up on sleep.

No comments: