Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Things We Do or Diet dessert

The things I have been doing lately are a bit humdrum but they had to be done. Firstly Greg and I pulled all the stuff out of my studio that was on the floor and I have put most of it away/back/somewhere else.


My work table is what Greg feels is a handy place to dump stuff and then he wants to know why I don't use it more.

But I shall tidy that too.
So I have put away/shifted/rearranged until it is starting to look a lot better. I shall show you when I am done.
Other things I have done. I have nearly finished my scumbled jacket just need to crochet some ties for the front. I win there, since I have taught my friends how to scumble they are working on their own and I felt I needed to prove I am not a total slacker and finish mine. It looks nothing like what I had in mind when I embarked on the journey but I like it. I shall show a photo when it is done.
In between work and sticking to the diet I am a busy bee.
The diet is still a success. I stuck to the three weeks of maintenence and I have lost a little bit more which is a big yay for me as I was worried that when I started to eat more I would put it back on.
Tonight Greg had chickpea and vegetable curry with rice and I had the curry with chicken and no rice.


I also made a sort of lemon delicious. I have cut down on dairy and had some coconut cream in the refrigerator which really needed to be used so I made it to be diet friendly and I really wanted something sweet other than fruit so I made this.


Diet Lemon Delicious
3 eggs seperated
2 tablespoons stevia
1 cup reduced fat coconut cream
1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/3 cup lemon juice and grated rind of 1 lemon

Beat egg yolks with 1 tablespoon sugar until ight and creamy. Beat in coconut cream, flour, lemon juice and rind.
Beat egg whites until stiff and beat in other tablespoon of stevia.
Fold into lemon mixture. Pour into greased 2 liter oven proof bowl and stand in shallow pan of hot water and place into 180 degree Celsius oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until firm and golden. Serve with fat free yogurt or just some fresh passionfruit.

1 comment:

Sparklyjools said...

Shifting and clearing can be very cathartic I find. Well done on your diet, really pleased to hear how successful you've been. Looking forward to seeing your jacket!