Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Felt and silk jacket Buttons

Buttons make or break a project. I need some sort of closure on the jacket. Previously I had big handcrafted wooden ones on it. I took those off some time ago and put them somewhere safe. Needless to say now that I need to see if I will use just one I can't find them. Plus I think it needs a bit more ornamentation. I am considering adding some crochet on a couple of edges, a few smaller bits of crochet and a crocheted button. So off to the net I went.


I love these vintage crocheted buttons



by Nancy Nehring and couldn't resist buying her book on my kindle

http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00638&cat_id=333 


and these  from Mademoiselle Chaos.

Then there are these really easy ones from Craft Stylish




Or I could make some Dorset buttons  or some like these  from Burda Style 

 and there is a brief history of them on P8 Buttons and Fabrics  Craftstylish has a dorset button tutorial
For the crocheted ornamentation I thought of doing some crocheted ric-rac like this from Foxs Lane


I've just spent an hour shuffling round the net so I should go and do some of this. I'll show you tomorrow what I've done.








1 comment:

Sparklyjools said...

Love these. I would never have the patience for this fine work!