Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Muse and Steampunk

I am still working on my Muse. I have finished the painting and the first coat of sealer. I decided to use a satin sealer and I am happy with the result. she looks a lot lighter in this photo than she actually is.


She is starting to speak to me at last and let me know who she is. I am a little fascinated with Steampunk so I think she will be steampunkish before we are done.
I have read some of MelJean Brook's Iron Seas series and if you would like a free sample of that go to Wild and Steamy.

Beond Victoriana is a blog of many things Steampunk influenced not by European but by other areas of the globe.
Wikipedia, of ocurse, has a page on steampunk and lots of links.

I won't be taking my Muse as far as this.
She is more influenced by the Macy Christmas windows.

So now I just have to find a whole lot of old clock bits to use. I knew I should have kept that old alarm clock.

1 comment:

Sandy Pine said...

I like the idea of Steampunk
What a great idea
Can't wait to see what you create!